This week we had our first week in Wisconsin and next Monday we close on our new house down here. We still haven’t moved out of our Marquette house because closing isn’t for another month. Before we have our stuff all moved out, I wanted to share a “Two Years Later Home Tour” with all of you. Most of the projects throughout the house were done very affordably with just a coat of paint, we also replaced all the lighting throughout the house. Probably the most expensive updates were adding the laundry room upstairs, replacing the countertops, and re-doing the driveway! I hope this post encourages you that with some paint and new lighting any space can be transformed!
- Painted the spindles and added a stair runner
- Added a stairway gallery wall
- Replaced the front door and storm door
- Painted the tile to look like cement tile
- Replaced the light fixtures
- Built a shoe stretcher coat rack
- Built a barn door
- Painted all of the paneling
- Painted the brass fireplace insert
- Painted the brick black
- Hung New Curtains
- Took down a cabinet, replaced hardware and Added beadboard
- Replaced the sink with an Ikea Domsjo sink
- Replaced the Countertops
- Added a subway tile backsplash
- Added a built in bench and wallpaper and bamboo shade
- Added built in cabinets
- Built hook rail and faux board and batten and Light Fixture
- Replaced the closet doors with faux french doors
- Painted and Replaced the flooring
- Replaced the Ceiling Fan
- Wall mounted the headboard
- Hung Curtains
- Replaced Vanity and Mirror
- Painted Shower Enclosure
- Added built in desks
- Made oversized engineer print art
- Built Letterboard Ledge
- Added Stair Carpet Runner
- Replaced the Front Door and Storm Door
- Replaced the Porch Lights
- Painted the shutters black
- Painted the garage door black
- Had the driveway re-finished
We ended up only living in this house for just shy of two years. In the time I shared a “Summer Home Tour“, a Tour of “Where we Work and Play“, a “Christmas Home Tour” a “One Year Later Home Tour” a “Summer Home Tour” and a “Fall Home Tour“. For each tour there were updates and changes bringing us to where we ended today. We were blessed to find a buyer right away who is excited to be moving into our home!
Don’t forget! If there’s anything from my home that you love, you can find all the sources by clicking “shop my home“. Thank you so much for checking out our before and afters! I hope this post inspired you that with some paint and hard work any home can be transformed! Also, if you love before and after transformations you can see the ones from our “BrightGreenDoor House” our “Auction Adventure House“, our “Retro Ranch” and my good friend’s “Retro Renovation“.
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!