The BrightGreenDoor house was our first house in North Dakota. When we purchased it in an oil boom town there weren’t many options and this was just about the only home in our price range. We jumped in and in a year and half we completely transformed it.
The AMAZING thing that we are pretty proud of is that we were able to complete the ENTIRE transformation for less than $10,000! Here are our tips throughout the house on how we flipped it in 18 months without totally breaking the bank:
- We did a LOT of landscaping and yard clean up.
- I planted a lot of grass seed and watered it often
- We painted the front door, and then re-painted it to sell it!
- I planted a flower box, hung hanging baskets, and planted flowers
- We repainted the kitchen and bathroom cabinets rather than replacing them.
- We re-arranged the kitchen layout on our own.
- We laid peel and stick tile after tearing out the old linoleum
- We replaced broken appliances with nicer used ones we bought online.
- I created a new pendant Industrial Pendant.
- I updated the old brass knobs for oil rubbed bronze ones.
- I made a cage light from the existing light fixture.
- I replaced the heavy curtains with modern ones.
- We replaced the carpet for linoleum.
- We removed all the old heavy draperies and replaced them with updated modern curtains that we hung higher.
- We got our carpet on a Black Friday deal and had a local installer install it.
- I painted the faux brick fireplace and sanded and stained the mantle.
- I repainted.
- I painted the closets and trim
- Repainted the paneling
- Painted the closets and trim
- We laid more peel and stick tile after tearing out the old linoleum
- We re-glazed the tub rather than replacing it.
- I spray painted the bathroom countertops!!
- I removed cabinet doors in the bathroom, living room, and kitchen to give it an updated modern feel.
- We replaced all fluorescent lighting
- After our sewer backed up, we replaced the drywall and carpet and did it all ourselves! Here was the reveal!
- In here we just shampooed the carpet and staged it!
- We just laid a carpet remnant here and made it into a usable space.
- All we did in here was clean it and add curtains! What a difference though!
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!