Hey Friends! Happy New Years! Starting a New Year always holds so much excitement, especially with just having moved into a new home! I wanted to take a minute and reflect back on 2017. We started the year thinking we’d be staying in that house for a long time, little did I know that in December we’d make a 300 mile move to Milwaukee and take on another renovation project! Today I’m excited to share the best of BrightGreenDoor from 2017!
- I started 2017 by wrapping up our daughter’s bedroom. This modern floral bedroom turned out beautiful. Man did I want to bring that wallpaper to our new house!
- Our next “best” of 2017 wasn’t a home project but it had to make the list! At the end of January we brought our daughter Ysa home from Haiti! It’s been a year of highs and lows with tons of new experiences. I can’t deny that I’m looking forward to everything not being a “first” in 2018!
- I tackled two bathroom makeovers, this one, done 100% with paint and this one by painting the shower!
- I participated in the Spring One Room Challenge, making over our mudroom. This also included painting our tile floors to look like cement tile. This ended up being the most popular post of 2018!
- I also wrapped up the Fall One Room Challenge by sharing our second floor laundry closet.
- This year I shared many gift guides and shopping guides, these ones were some of the most popular:
- I also shared some resources for other bloggers and designers. Posts like this one on how to design a mood board, this one on tools and resources to grow your blog, and this one on how to make money blogging.
- I helped my good friend with their retro renovation and shared the bathrooms, kitchen, and whole house reveal.
- I tackled our curb appeal with new lights and by painting and replacing our front door. I also painted the garage door, painted the shutters, and got our driveway re-done. This photo I took during a Fall sunset became my top Instagram photo of the year.
- I shared many delicious recipes in 2017! Here were some of the favorites:
- I tackled our basement, giving it a refresh with fresh paint and some new furniture. This included my letterboard ledge, DIY stair runner, and these oversized engineer prints that everyone loved!
- This year I shared my friend Heather’s home tour, as well as the geometric light fixture that we built together.
- I provided lots of great free printables throughout the year, here were some of the favorites:
- We finished off 2017 with a tour of our new project, our kitchen updates and I shared my plans for the master bathroom.
WOW! That was SO much in 2017. Honestly until I started summarizing it all I didn’t even realize what a FULL year it was. Here’s a few of my blog goals for 2018:
- Share more DIY tutorials with detailed instructions, not just finished projects
- Share more recipes and create a printable cookbook with my favorites!
- Connect and Collaborate with other bloggers more often.
One thing I’m not sure about is whether or not to keep writing my “Five on Friday” posts. I like writing them because I feel like they’re a great way to connect and be real, but it’s pretty dismal how few people read them! If you read them and like them will you let me know?! What would you like to see from BrightGreenDoor in 2018? I’m so thankful for you! Thanks for stopping by today and reading!