Last weekend my mom and I hosted a couples wedding shower barbecue for my cousin and his fiancé. The menu consisted of barbecued pork, macaroni, coleslaw and these delicious mini cornbread muffins. This was the first time I made cornbread from scratch and I don’t know why I EVER made them from a mix. They are SO simple and SO delicious.
I actually made this recipe 1.5 times, so that’s why you’ll see three cans of creamed corn versus the two the recipe calls for. This made a TON of mini muffins. Thankfully we were feeding a crowd, but this recipe makes a ton.
It’s as simple as just first mixing the wet ingredients, then adding the dry ingredients and then baking. I’ll definitely be making these again.Print
Mini Cornbread Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: 72 mini muffins 1x
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cans cream style corn
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 T. baking powder
- 3 t. salt
- 2 cups cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix yogurt, oil, and melted butter. Add eggs and sugar. Mix in Corn, cheese, flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Lightly spray mini muffin cups with cooking spray
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full
- Bake for 14 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from pan using butter knife
Serve immediately or warm up muffins for a few minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy these mini cornbread muffins as much as we did! They go wonderfully with barbecue or my delicious macaroni and cheese!
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!