It’s been a while since I’ve done a “Five on Friday” I thought it was about time. Except now it’s Saturday. Just forget about the day. Here’s what’s up in our world.
1. Summer Blog Schedule. If you’re a regular reader maybe you’ve noticed I try to post 3x per week. Because summer is short I’m going to try and make the most of it my limiting my computer time and only post twice a week. I hope you’ll forgive me!
2. Summer Reading. It’s my goal to do a lot of reading this summer. I asked on Facebook about some good recommendations and this is the list I have so far:
–Fearless by Eric Blehm
–Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani
–They’re your kids by Sam Sorbo
–O’Malley Series by Dee Henderson
–Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
–Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
–The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
–Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
–The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
–Always Watching by Lynette Eason
–Glory Over Everything by Kathleen Grissom
–The Waiting by Cathy LaGrow
–For the Love by Jen Hatmaker
–Hope Unseen by Scotty Smiley
–Adopted for Life by Russell Moore
Do you have any great summer reads you’d recommend?
3. Adoption. Recently we got news that we had exited a big step of the adoption process called “IBESR” and were moving onto the next step. Then just yesterday we heard that we are close to getting our adoption decree! This means that VERY soon she will officially be a McGurn!! At that point we can also share her picture! It also means there is a chance of her coming home in 2016!!!
4. Adoption Fundraising. With things moving faster that means that money is coming due faster as well. We have about $10,000 due between now and when we bring her home! To help fundraise some of the remaining balance we are selling t-shirts here. If you feel called to give without buying a t-shirt you can do that here. Through the adoption we have loved seeing how many people want to be a part of her story, and we are SO grateful to each and every person who has helped us.
5. This Recipe. I’m convinced that chicken salad is the perfect summer meal. It doesn’t require using the oven, and is perfect for taking on picnics. It’s become a summer staple around here! If you’re looking for a simple summer meal then you should definitely check it out!
I hope that you’re enjoying your summer as much as we are!
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!