Hey friends, it’s been a while since I shared a good “five on Friday“. Sorry to be sharing this one so late. We’ve got a fun and busy weekend planned. We went to a college hockey game, our boys are playing two hockey games, we’ve got a Christmas party, a piano recital, and a Christmas program at church! How about you?! Are you Christmas shopping, partying, or just laying low?1. Christmas Update- We’re finally at the VERY END of our LONG adoption process! We’ve got her passport that declares that she is officially Ysmerline McGurn! Currently we’re waiting to get a final approval from immigration, and a Visa appointment. Then we’ll be able to travel to Haiti to bring her home! We’re thinking his will happen in January. Please pray that it happens sooner than later and for a good transition for all of us.
2. Christmas Tours- On Monday I shared my Christmas Home Tour, but I can’t get enough of checking out everyone else’s Christmas homes! If you’re looking for some beautiful Christmas inspiration here are some of the tours that I’ve been following:
- Winter Eclectic Home Tours hosted by Jess of Domicile 37
- The Blogger Stylin’ Home Tours hosted by Lindsay of the White Buffalo Styling Co.
- The Canadian Bloggers Home Tour hosted by Christina of the DIY mommy.
- The My Home Style Blog Hop hosted by Stephanie of Casa Watkins Living.
- A Very Merry Christmas Home Tour hosted by Carrie of Lovely Etc.
3. Christmas E-mail- I’ve been collecting e-mails for the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list for YEARS, without ever sending out any e-mails. Yesterday I finally sent one out. If you want to check it out you can read it here. If you’re not on the e-mail list, you can sign up HERE. If you are on the list, Thank You!
4. Christmas Shopping- I thought I was SO on the ball… and then I remembered stockings, and the Great Grandparents. Then there’s my hubby’s birthday days after Christmas. Moral of the story- I still have a bunch of shopping to do. If you’re in the same boat I am, don’t forget to check out my Christmas gift guides. There’s one for home lovers, DIY’ers, the ladies, the guys, and the kids.
5. Christmas Cookies- This year we’re heading to my parent’s house for Christmas, which means I don’t have to do any cooking! Even though I don’t have to cook, I’ll still be doing plenty of Christmas baking. I’m thinking some peanut blossoms, some Cranberry Bliss Bars, Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Cookies, and of course our typical Birthday Cake for Jesus. Do you have any must make Christmas Cookies that I should try?!
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!