Todays “Five on Friday” is a totally random collection of five things I wanted to share with you!
- Dear Carolina– I just finished reading this book and it was so good. It marries my love of design, adoption, blogging, and a good story. I also just discovered “Good Reads” and am loving it as a way to keep track of books!
- We got our Signature!- Since March we have been waiting for the Mayor in Haiti to sign our documents. Last week we got word that he finally signed and our documents are at the Adoption Authority for matching! This means that very soon we should be getting our official referral and getting to travel to Haiti to meet our daughter! I’m pumped about this signature, but I will be going nuts once we get that letter. This trip along with the fees at this stage in the process will cost around $8,000. If you’d like to give towards our adoption you can do that here.
- Adoption FAQ- Speaking of the Adoption, one of the mamas adopting a little boy from the same orphanage as us wrote a super helpful list of Q&A here. It might help answer some of the questions you have about our process.
- A Paper Planner- This school year I decided to get my schedule under control. I ditched the iPhone calendar and went old school with a paper planner and I’m never turning my back on paper again! This article sums up why its wonderful perfectly.
- Hey Donna. If you just need a good laugh check out this video a guy made in Ikea. My “always serious” attitude paired with my goofy husband had me laughing and identifying with her through the whole video.
How about you… are you a digital or paper planner? Are you on Good Reads, and what are your favorite book recs? Happy Holiday weekend! I hope you can enjoy a break from the back to school routines and enjoy the time off!
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!