Hey friends! Today I’m here with another “Five on Friday” post. These are posts that are never going to be on Pinterest, won’t ever be featured by Better Homes & Gardens, and probably won’t win any blogging accolades. These are just posts for my loyal readers sharing what’s on my mind, sharing products I love, and just connecting with my readers. Sometimes it’s nice to right a post and not really worry about having beautiful images, proper “SEO” or viral content! So here it is, this week’s “Five on Friday“. **Post contains affiliate links**
- Reading– At Home in the World by Tsh Oxenreider I chose this book for our August book club and it is SO good. It’s one woman’s story of traveling the world with her kids for a year and everything that goes along with it. Coincidentally my mom shared this article about traveling with kids with me recently. Maybe it’s the nostalgia of reading this while traveling with my kids, but it’s really encouraged me and inspired me to continue to travel with our kids.
- Pining Over– This Mirror. I actually used in in a client’s home (pictured here), and loved it so much I decided to order it for our master bathroom. First UPS lost it in transit. So I got a refund and ordered it again. THEN something weird happened and Amazon refunded me and said they couldn’t ship it out. FINALLY I decided to try ordering from Urban Outfitters instead and it says it will be delivered today! At this point I’ll probably be hugging the mirror when it finally arrives!
- Working On– Just last week I had the honor of contributing towards the Blueprint for Change. It was a project where a local designer re-did a room for a family in need. I contributed a rolling art tray, which I’ll share about soon, but the whole project came together BEAUTIFULLY! To see the news story and reveal head here.
- Celebrating– Today is our Ten year Anniversary! In ten years together we’ve moved ten times. We’ve made major career changes. Had two boys, experienced miscarriage, and adopted our daughter. We got married at 22 and 23, and looking back it feels like we were SO young! We’re celebrating next week by getting away together for a weekend in Traverse City. Last year on our anniversary I shared our Wedding Registry Must Have’s and Regrets, and it’s still such a great post.
- Appreciating– These chair feet. I know it’s silly, but ever since putting these on the legs of our chairs life is better! The felt pads are constantly either sliding off or collecting gunk, and these are so nice. They’re sort of like a bootie for your chair legs. I know they’re a bit geriatric looking when you look up close, like tennis balls on a walker, but I think it’s worth it!
- BONUS! Shopping For- While on a quick layover in Minnesota, I got a chance to shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! I snagged these boots for a steal of a deal!
The Anniversary Sale only lasts two more days, but here’s some of the other items I’ve been considering!