Right now I have three good friends who all had babies in the last week, and three who will be having babies within the few next weeks. When I was a new mama I really appreciated the meals my friends made for us, and I love being able to serve my friends in the same way. Also because I had a total of 6 meals to make I spent Sunday afternoon streamlining the process.
Here are my “Top Tips for Making Meals for Mamas”.
- If more than 1 person is going to be bringing a meal use a free online organizer/calendar/sigup like FoodTidings.com or TakeThemAMeal.com
- Find out if they have any allergies or food preferences
- Bring the food in containers that don’t have to be returned. The last thing you want to do is add stress about having to return pans.
- Send plates, napkins, and utensils with the meal.
- Make a meal that they can either throw in the oven or in the freezer, that way they have the meal when they are ready for it.
- Send sides and dessert with the meal.
- Attach the recipe so that they know what they’re eating and they can make it again if they like it!
- Don’t experiment on them with a “new recipe”, make something tried and true that everyone loves.
- Make a double batch and serve it to your family for dinner (You’re a busy mama too!) Or make a triple/quadruple and toss them in the freezer for your soon to pop pregnant friends.
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!