Right now I have three good friends who all had babies in the last week, and three who will be having babies within the few next weeks. When I was a new mama I really appreciated the meals my friends made for us, and I love being able to serve my friends in the same way. Also because I had a total of 6 meals to make I spent Sunday afternoon streamlining the process.
Here are my “Top Tips for Making Meals for Mamas”.
- If more than 1 person is going to be bringing a meal use a free online organizer/calendar/sigup like FoodTidings.com or TakeThemAMeal.com
- Find out if they have any allergies or food preferences
- Bring the food in containers that don’t have to be returned. The last thing you want to do is add stress about having to return pans.
- Send plates, napkins, and utensils with the meal.
- Make a meal that they can either throw in the oven or in the freezer, that way they have the meal when they are ready for it.
- Send sides and dessert with the meal.
- Attach the recipe so that they know what they’re eating and they can make it again if they like it!
- Don’t experiment on them with a “new recipe”, make something tried and true that everyone loves.
- Make a double batch and serve it to your family for dinner (You’re a busy mama too!) Or make a triple/quadruple and toss them in the freezer for your soon to pop pregnant friends.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Chicken Boullion Cubes
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 T. Poppy Seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- 1.5 Tubes Crushed Ritz Crackers
- 1/2 c. melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- Boil Water and add Bouillon Cubes
- Dice Chicken and Cook in Boiling Water
- Drain and Reserve 1/2 c. water
- Mix Sour Cream, Cream of Chicken, Poppyseeds, and Reserved Water. Add Chicken.
- Spread into 9×13 casserole pan
- Crush ritz, mix with melted butter and top casserole with Ritz mixture.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve over rice.
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!