Five on Friday
Today’s “Five on Friday” is a very random list of things that have been on my mind.
1. Stools- Remember those beautiful industrial stools that I put at my kitchen island? The ones Joanna Gaines uses in almost every Fixer Upper? Well, they’re not as great as they appeared. frequently we hear the screws just dropping out of them. The seats also do not stay level, so it always feels like you’re on a slide. So, when I saw these stools at Joss and Main for only $35 I decided it was a go. No more screws dropping like rain. No more sliding off our seats. It was nice while it lasted.
2. Haiti- Another one of the families ahead of us just got the call that they can go to Haiti to meet their baby! We’re making a video tonight for our friends to show our daughter! They got the call yesterday and they’re leaving today! I don’t know what I’ll do if we only get two days notice! Every family that gets to meet their baby in Haiti means we’re one step closer to going to meet ours! She’ll be instagramming with the hashtag #SweetPMakesThree while she’s there if you’d like to follow along!
3. “Feel The Love” Vendor Party- Just a reminder that the “Feel the Love” fundraiser for our adoption is open through the end of the month! There are so many awesome products you can buy while helping us fundraise for our adoption!
4. Tiny Houses- Lately I am so intrigued by tiny houses. I feel like it’s just not a reality for us to live in one, but I just can’t get enough of their design and ideal. The idea of less house to clean, less stuff to take care of, less debt, and more time as a family…intriguing.
5. 40 Bags in 40 Days– Speaking of Less Stuff I’m participating in 40 Bags in 40 days. An opportunity to purge and be refreshed by less stuff. I started with Day 1 clearing off my desk, and Day 2 cleaning our shed. I already am feeling really great about those two spaces, imagine how good it will feel on day 40! It’s not too late to join in on the decluttering!
How about you? Do Tiny Houses Inspire you or does the idea totally freak you out? Even if you’re not doing 40 Bags in 40 Days do you have spaces you want to purge? Also did you check out any of the fundraiser sales? Thanks for reading!
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!