It’s been a while since I’ve shared a “Five on Friday“. Since I’m still in catch up mode from being gone for two weeks let’s talk about what’s going on around here lately”. **This post contains affiliate links**
- This girl. I can’t even explain how much we miss her. How anxious we are to get her home. I thought the first 2.5 years of this process were hard, but I’m pretty sure the wait ahead of us will stretch us even more.
- These two. As much as I miss our girl, I sure missed them. Giving our girl 100% of our attention for two straight weeks really made me realize how little of my attention they get. So I’m working on playing more, working less, and enjoying time with them daily.
- Every-day Miracles– Right after moving to Marquette we were out for lunch and we ran into a couple we knew in college. After enjoying lunch together the wife, Erin, gave me a copy of the book she had just written. It was such a good testimony to God’s strength and faithfulness even through trials. I made this image to share one of the quotes in the book. It was a quick read and a great reminder of the power of prayer and faithfulness. To download the image just go here.
- Love the Home you Have– This is a book that I recently re-read. Our Marquette house is amazing, but I still can’t help but think about how much better it would be with new counters, a deck, a new front door, different carpet, and I could go on and on. This book reminded me of the true importance of your home and the atmosphere you want it to create. Ultimately my home is a place that I want our family to enjoy and be comfortable in, and sometimes I need the reminder of my real priorities.
- This Purse. My mother-in-law got it for me for Christmas and it has become my favorite purse in the entire world. Then when I went to share the link with you I discovered that it’s 20% off on Amazon this weekend! If you’re in the purse market take a look!
So there’s just a few things going on in my world. It’s getting really cold, but I’m super excited to head to our town’s dogsled races tonight! Other than tonights races our weekend is going to involve a fire in the fireplace and lots of time snuggling up! Enjoy your weekend!