Hey Friends! Happy Friday and Happy September! Today I’m here with another “Five on Friday” post. These are posts where I share anything and everything. Sometimes it’s what I’m reading, watching, shopping for, or just anything I have on my mind. I hope you enjoy these suggestions as much as I have. **this post contains affiliate links**
- Hygge- Lately I’ve been loving the Scandinavian concept of “Hygge”, said something along the lines of “Hoo-Gah”. I’m pretty sure Hygge has been loving me too! First this book was accidentally in the kids section at the library, then this book was on my mom’s coffee table. I quickly read them both and am now on a mission to create a more Hygge life. A few concepts I love about Hygge are:
- Getting outdoor exercise daily
- Keeping a well stocked pantry of simple essentials
- Lots of Candle light
- Minimalist but purposeful furniture and decor
- A cozy setting (think lots of blankets and a place to put your feet up)
- The Nightingale– I started reading this book last week and could not put it down. It was SO SO good. I stayed up until 2AM three nights in a row until it was done. I think this is a book that just about anyone could enjoy. I’ve been telling ALL my friends to read it.
- Tiny House- Recently I drove past this tiny house and couldn’t help but share a picture! Since then I’ve done some research and discovered it’s the TH002 by Dickinson Homes. They’ve got some other models too. I really hope that someday we can have a tiny vacation house!
- Paintings by Shelby Kregel– A few weeks back I snagged a few of Shelby’s paintings at our local art fair. Ever since I’ve been following her work and I just can’t get enough of it! I have a feeling those won’t be her last pieces in our home.
- Dresses at Old Navy– I swung through Old Navy a few days ago and walked out with a TON of new dresses. I basically live in dresses with leggings and I loved the selection and prices of their current casual swing dresses. Here’s a few of the ones I bought. Also if you scroll over them you’ll see the great prices.
Lastly I can’t not mention the flooding in Houston that’s been on everyone’s minds. Have you seen the photos of the residents of the flooded nursing home? My heart just breaks thinking of the helpless people who were trapped in these terrible situations. After quite a bit of research I feel good about donating to this organization.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Enjoy the last weekend before the kids go back to school!