This is my Grandma Verna and her famous raspberry pie. Not only does she bake an insane pie, but she grows the berries that go in it in her massive garden. At all family functions Grandma Verna always shows up with her famous pie, and we always love it.
I’m sure I’ve got you all drooling now and wanting to make a fresh raspberry pie! Thankfully I’m going to share the recipe with you! It’s just too good to keep a secret (it’s also hanging on my wall so it’s really not that secret)!Print
Verna’s Famous Raspberry Pie
- Raspberry Filling- 6 c. fresh raspberries, 1 c. sugar, 3T. corn starch, 1/2 c. water
- Cream Filling- 8oz. cream cheese softened, 1 c. cool whip, 1 c. powdered sugar
- Graham Cracker Crust- 1 2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 c. sugar, 1/4 c. plus 2T. melted butter
- Mash 2 c. raspberries to measure 1 c. Place in sauce pan. Add sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cool to room temperature.
- Make the crust by mixing together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press mixture into the bottom and the sides of a 9 inch pie tin.
- Meanwhile for the filling beat the cream cheese, whipped topping, and powdered sugar. Spread into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour the cooled raspberry mixture over the cream mixture in the pie pan.
- Top with remaining berries.
- Refrigerate and serve with cool whip!
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!