The recipe for party potatoes is one that has been handed down through my family. I remember both my mom and grandma making this for family gatherings since I was little! It is the perfect dish for potlucks, holidays, or even just a family dinner.
It is also incredibly simple to make. You simply mix together the sour cream, soups, onions, and cheese, and then mix in a package of frozen potatoes o’brien.
Then after putting into a casserole dish I sprinkle paprika on top.
Then I cover it and bake it at 375 for about an hour and fifteen minutes.
I like to top it with some fresh green onions after baking, just to add some color and texture.
This recipe is a great one to make ahead and freeze and then just thaw the day of baking. It makes a pretty large dish, so when I am making it as a dinner side I typically cook half and freeze the other half in a small baking dish.
This is one of our favorite side dishes, and is a recipe that is always asked for when I bring it to gatherings. I hope that you love it as much as we do!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 75 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 can cream of celery
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. diced green onions
- 2lb package of potatoes o’brien
- Mix all ingredients other than potatoes and paprika.
- Add in potatoes and spread into casserole pan
- sprinkle paprika on top
- cover and bake at 375 for 1 hr and 15 minutes
- **Can be frozen before cooking**
- **Makes one large pan or two medium pans**
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!