Although we’re not parenting pro’s, we do have two boys in the 2-4 year old range, so we’re pretty close to experts on our favorite kid stuff. All of these are things that we own and love, and would recommend in a heartbeat! Here are our favorite things for boys Ages 2-4.
1. Netflix, We were late in the game on this one, but we absolutely love our netflix subscription. We don’t have cable, or need it because we have every kids show at our disposal at home (through our DVD player), and on the go (with a wi-fi connection on our computers).
2. Nalgene,This is the only sippy that NEVER leaks, and is durable. They cost more than some of the others but are well worth it.
3. Hanna Andersson Mocassins, This have been my favorite since the day our boys were born. We have multiple colors in every size. The boys sleep in them every night and wear them around the house most days.
4. My Truck is Stuck, Jack’s favorite book, we enjoy it too!
5. Lincoln Logs, There’s a reason these have been around forever. Beware though, there’s lots of brands of “Lincoln Logs”, and many of them are not compatible with each other, so just make sure yours are all the same brand.
6. Melissa & Doug Costumes, Our boys LOVE their costumes. We’ve got the firefighter, police officer, and construction worker and they all get equal wear time. Great for their imaginations!
7. First 100 Animals, I love the thick pages that are mostly indestructible. We’ve also got “First 100 machines”, “first 100 words”, and “first 100 letters and numbers”. They have had these for a few years and still love them.
8. Thomas the Train Set, They’ve got a few of the new plastic train sets, but the old wooden classic still gets the most play time. Don’t let me touch it though because when I do, I can’t keep my hands off until a perfect elaborate track is built.
9. GoGo Squeeze, introduced to us by my sister in law Brittany as, “special applesauce”, these are the perfect on the go snack that doesn’t make a mess. At $.50/each they are a bit pricey, so we mainly reserve these for when we are out and about.
10. Melissa & Doug Wood Pizza, We’ve got the wood pizza, cupcakes, cookies, ice cream, and sandwich sets and they get played with a TON. I’ve “eaten” more of this fake food than I have real food. Again it’s more expensive than plastic play food, but a lot more fun too.
11. Zarbees Cough Syrup, With the FDA changing the laws about NO cough syrup until age 6, this is the perfect Natural remedy. I wouldn’t say it completely stops a bad cough, but it helps, and when it’s 1AM and your kid can’t stop coughing it’s well worth it. It’s honey based and in our opinion far better than all the rest. The boys like the cherry flavored one best.
12. Homedics White Noise Machine, We’ve had two of these since Mase was born, and don’t go anywhere without them. Both boys sleep best with them and can even sleep through our obnoxiously loud doorbell if their noise machine is on.
13. Crocs, Matt used to hate Crocs and said our kid would NEVER wear them. Well… never say never because now they are his favorite shoes for the boys. They can put them on by themselves super young, they clean easily, and we love them.
14. Superhero Backpack Bible, , I love this because it’s a real Bible, with chapters and verses, not just a storybook Bible. It does have pictures though and Jack has loved when we highlight each verse he learns at AWANA.
15. Curious George 2, This is the only full length movie (81 minutes) that the boys have ever sat still through. That says something right? The music is really enjoyable for an adult too.
16. Crayola Triangle Crayons, My smart mother-in-law Debbie introduced these to me. These crayons don’t roll and avoid a LOT of dropped crayons at restaurants. I try to keep a pack in my purse.
17. Little Blue Truck, Cute board book with a good moral. Jack has this one memorized.
18. Travel Doodle Pro, Both boys love this, and it’s small enough to use on their lap in the car.
19. Super Why DVD’s, I LOVE Super Why, Both boys learned ALL their letters from this show. The characters are cute, the stories are good, and they learn a lot.
20. I Love You Through and Through, My favorite book to read to them, and give as a gift.
21. Superhero Costume Set, Did I mention they LOVE costumes. Simple and durable.
22. Three Wheeled Scooter, These are awesome, we have two, At 4.5 Jack is ready for a 2-wheeled scooter but I think it’s because of how much time he spent on his 3 wheeled one.
23. Balance Bike, Mase is REALLY good on the balance bike and I think that teaching him the two wheeler will be a breeze because of it. I like it because they can be completely independent on it, unlike with the training wheel bike that tips and gets hung up on curbs.
24. Grey Bottom Socks I don’t know why I didn’t start this sooner, but I will NEVER again buy the boys socks that do not have dark bottoms. They are boys, they get dirty, at least their socks will look cleaner.
25. Travel Aquadoodle, These are AWESOME, we also have two of these. The pen is just water so I don’t have to worry about it getting on anything. We take this on the road all the time.
26. Shovel, We have a big dirt pile behind our shed that has resulted in hours of play time, the shovels just make it all the more fun.
27. UglyDoll, oth of my boys got ugly’s when they were born and still sleep with them. They are so cute too!
If you love these items than you might also love our favorite things for boys ages 4-7 here.
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!