I can’t believe I’ve never blogged about this recipe before. Special K Bars are my go-to crowd pleasing dessert for just about ANY function.
Growing up I remember my mom always making them for pot-lucks and block parties and they were always my absolute favorite. Over the years I have made them so many times I feel like I’ve perfected the recipe with a few little tips and tricks.
Special K Bars
If you make Special K Bars using these tips and tricks you’re guaranteed to have an amazing outcome!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 pan bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 c plus 1 T. Karo Syrup
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 t. vanilla
- 6 c. Special K Cereal
- 2/3 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 bag butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Measure your cereal into a large bowl
- Prep a 9×13 glass pyrex by spraying with cooking oil
- Mix Karo strip and sugar in saucepan over medium heat until at a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
- Pour over cereal and mix until coated.
- Pour into 9×13 dish and flatten with the back of a fork, running the fork lengthwise along the pan until all pressed down.
- Scatter chocolate chips and butterscotch chips over flattened cereal mixture. Place in oven for just a couple of minutes, just until the chips are glossy.
- Remove from oven and spread chocolate and butterscotch chips together with the back of a large spoon. They will mix and smooth nicely.
- Let cool for 8 hours before cutting, then cut with a sharp knife.
Hopefully using these tips you will be able to make the PERFECT Special K Bars for your next occasion! I hope you love them as much as we do!
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!