Verna’s Famous Raspberry Pie
- Raspberry Filling- 6 c. fresh raspberries, 1 c. sugar, 3T. corn starch, 1/2 c. water
- Cream Filling- 8oz. cream cheese softened, 1 c. cool whip, 1 c. powdered sugar
- Graham Cracker Crust- 1 2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 c. sugar, 1/4 c. plus 2T. melted butter
- Mash 2 c. raspberries to measure 1 c. Place in sauce pan. Add sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cool to room temperature.
- Make the crust by mixing together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press mixture into the bottom and the sides of a 9 inch pie tin.
- Meanwhile for the filling beat the cream cheese, whipped topping, and powdered sugar. Spread into the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour the cooled raspberry mixture over the cream mixture in the pie pan.
- Top with remaining berries.
- Refrigerate and serve with cool whip!