Every once and a while I share a “Five on Friday” post to share anything and everything that’s been on my mind!
- Swooning– This house. It gives me ALL the feelings. It’s also within our current school district! Too bad it’s like a million dollars over our budget. Here is the listing. Here’s one other listing nearby that I really love!
- Appreciating– If you’re feeling like your house is a bit dated, this list of things to update from Studio McGee is a good one. Obviously you don’t need to make these changes overnight, but I agree with all of her suggestions. One of my favorite suggestions is to eliminate boob lights, here is my post including my favorite affordable flush mount lights.
- Watching– Lately we’ve been on a big Redbox kick and we’ve rented a bunch of movies and loved them all! (We love Redbox for only $1.84 but most of these are also available on Amazon for $4.99) Here’s what we rented **contains affiliate links**:
- Instant Family– SO good, also fairly realistic of some of the pain of adoption.
- The Hate U Give– I read the book first and liked the book more.
- Bohemian Rhapsody– Interesting movie, a bit odd, but good.
- A Star is Born– I love the soundtrack but the movie was a bit depressing
- Mary Poppins Returns– It wasn’t as good as the original, but still really sweet.
- Reading– I just finished Tuck Everlasting as a read aloud with my kids and we all loved it. I also read The Story of Beautiful Girl, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, Same Kind of Different as Me, and Daring to Hope which were all really good. I didn’t enjoy Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy or The Pilot’s Wife nearly as much.
- Listening To (on repeat)- The Hamilton Soundtrack (clean). Next week a friend and I are going to see Hamilton in Chicago and I cant wait! I also can’t stop singing, “My name is Alexander Hamilton…”
Thank you so much for stopping by to read! New blog posts have been a bit more sparse lately and I just want you to know how much I appreciate you sticking around!
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!