I picked up these two ugly pieces of framed art from the thrift store for $5 a piece. There’s something about round and oval shaped art that I just can’t pass up! It adds fun shape to a gallery wall, and usually has some type of vintage charm.
Here’s where you need to use your imagination a little, due to my lack of pictures:
1. Unscrew the back of the art. Toss the art in the garbage.
2. Lay the glass on a piece of cardboard and the frame on another piece.
3. Spray your glass with light coats of chalkboard spray paint, allowing time to dry between each coat. I like to do about 4 very light coats. For chalkboard spray paint I like Krylon Chalkboard Spray Paint.
5. Be patient and about 24 hrs later reassemble your frame.
6. Prime your chalkboard by rubbing it with chalk and then wiping it off.
7. Hang up and use!
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!