October is finally here which means Fall is (hopefully) in the air, life is getting busy, and everyone is getting ready to bust out their slow cookers for the cooler weather. Stephanie from Sustaining the Powers celebrates “Crocktober” with an entire month of slow cooker recipes, so I’m joining together to help her kick it off. I’m also sharing an AMAZING crockpot recipe with you today!
A few years ago a friend taught me how to make the best chicken and squash coconut curry…. but her recipe was on the stovetop, and took numerous pans, numerous steps, lots of boiling, then simmering, then thickening, then mixing, then boiling, etc. It was good, but a lot of work.
Crockpot Chicken and Squash Coconut Curry
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 7 hours
- Total Time: 7 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 3 Full Entrees
- Category: Entree
- 5 lbs. of chicken
- 4 cups cubed squash (Any type)
- 4 T. curry paste
- 4T. Curry powder
- 3 cans Coconut milk
- 4 T. Chopped Basil
- 2 T. Salt (half it if you don’t like much salt)
- 4 T. fish sauce
- Put chicken in crockpot with all other ingredients
- Mix together as much as you can (your crockpot will be really full!).
- Turn on low for 7 hours stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!