Happy New Year! Actually today we’re already one week into the New Year! For me every New Year starts with reflecting on the past year, and looking forward to the current year. As a blogger my blog is totally dependent on YOU, my readers, and I want this to be a place that you can come to be inspired.
In 2016 these were the posts that received the most traffic:
- How to spray paint a brass fireplace
- How to get white grout clean
- Our visit to Magnolia Market and Meeting Clint Harp
- Bi-fold to Faux Shiplap French Closet Doors
- Moving Tips Everyone Needs to Know
- Bi-fold Closet Door Update Roundup
- Wedding Registry Must-Haves
- Faux Marble Countertops
- Painting Planking- The Living Room
Pinterest has always been the way that most of my readers find BrightGreenDoor. This Pin was the top pinned project from BrightGreenDoor in 2016. If you’re not already following head over to check out my boards!
This year I focused on growing my Instagram, and split my feed into a private personal account, and an account solely focusing on DIY, Design, and Delicious Recipes. This gives me a place to share tons of pictures of the kids without overwhelming those of you who are here to read about DIY, Design, and Delicious Recipes. Here were the top instagram pics of 2016!
Since living the UP (Upper Peninsula), I’ve discovered that I really have a passion for taking scenic outdoor pictures. Because that really isn’t what my blog is about, I decided to start a new Instagram “BrightGreenOutDoors“. If you enjoy those types of shots I would LOVE it if you’d follow me there.
Early in 2016 I shared my goal of making a full time income through blogging. Although I can’t say that I’m there yet, I have been able to provide a significant chunk of our families income. This has been mainly through running ads on my site, and through affiliate links. An affiliate link just means that when I link to a product and you click on it and purchase it, that I receive a small percentage of the money from your purchase, at no additional cost to you. I just wanted to tell you how much it means to me when you shop through my gift guides and recommendations! Because of this, I am able to continue to provide great content at no cost to my readers.
Here are some of the posts that earned us the most affiliate revenue in the past year:
- The BrightGreenDoor Ultimate Gift Guide
- A Pattern I’m Loving- Buffalo Check
- Our Wedding Registry Must-Haves
- Gifts for a Manly Man
- Things I have and Love, and Things I’d Love to Have
- The Best Mid-Century Upholstered Chairs
- The Best Leather Armchairs
- Where to Buy an Affordable Farmhouse Table
2017 is going to be a year of transition for our family as we bring our daughter home from Haiti. We’ve actually booked our travel and will be bringing her home from Haiti on January 23rd! Because of this I’m not setting too lofty of goals for this year. You might have seen my recent post of all of the updates we’ve made on our Marquette house. In 2017 these are my house goals:
- Paint Front Door and Replace Knob and Storm Door
- Build a closet and storage system in our mudroom
- Complete our daughter’s bedroom
- Complete basic updates in both upstairs bathrooms
- Replace the countertops, creating a peninsula breakfast bar
- Complete the kids’ play house
So there is is, 2016 looking back and looking forward at 2017. I hope that you’ll follow along as we continue to transform our home in 2017! I’ll also continue to share delicious recipes, and all the DIY tips and tricks that we learn along the way. I just want to thank you guys, my readers again, for reading and making it possible for me to continue to bring new content your way.
Never Miss Another Post!
Subscribe to get on the BrightGreenDoor e-mail list!